Monday, October 7, 2013

GOP Voting Pledge

As the Democrats continue to push a unified statist message in opposition to the GOP, they are also increasingly successful in painting the GOP as a house divided...and they're right. My Twitter timeline is full of "RINOs" and "Tea Party crazies" - all of whom want to defeat the Democrats - but who cannot agree on policies and strategy.

It's simple; if the GOP is continuously divided, the Democrats win. That doesn't mean that either the RINOs or the Tea Party must give up and give in so the other side can take over. The two groups can still fight to be heard, but we have to agree to be unified in our fight against progressivism. In an attempt to work around the difficulties presented by a divided party, I present this voting pledge, which is intended for anyone who considers him/herself to be a Republican - or at least sympathetic to the GOP.


GOP Voting Pledge


I, _______________________________, officially pledge to my fellow Americans that I will observe and keep the terms of the agreement below.

RECITALS

WHEREAS, progressivism is destroying the United States of America,

WHEREAS, the Republican Party - even with its faults - is the most powerful vehicle currently in existence for fighting against progressivism,

WHEREAS the Republican Party has hitherto been divided by well-intentioned ideological groups (who refer to each other as "RINOs" and "Tea Partiers" or some variation), which has resulted in Republican candidates losing to beatable Democrat candidates,

WHEREAS, even a "RINO" is better than a "Liberal progressive",

WHEREAS, the Republican Party will continue to suffer defeats unless its candidates and voters UNITE,


TERMS

NOW THEREFORE in consideration of stemming the tide of destructive progressivism, I pledge  to exercise my voting rights as follows:

I will vigorously and respectfully support the primary candidate(s) with whom I agree and will encourage others to do the same;

I will vote in ALL Republican primaries in which I am legally able to vote and will accept the results of such primaries;

I will put my full support behind whichever Republican primary candidates are chosen, even if my candidates lose and even if I continue to have issues or concerns with the nominee(s); 

I will cast my vote for Republican nominees in ALL races - local, state, and national - in which I can legally vote, as long as I objectively believe that the Republican nominees are at least as desirable as the Democrat nominees;

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have executed this Pledge by signing my name in the comments section. 


_________________________________


ALTERNATIVE AGREEMENT

If I do not agree to the terms stated above and if I choose not to exercise my voting rights because I am not satisfied with a particular Republican candidate, I agree to waive my rights to criticize, attack and/or complain about the newly elected or re-elected Democrat politicians in races in which I could have voted. 


_________________________________


BONUS VIDEO:



"Anyone that is willing to stand next to me to fight the progressive left, I will be in that bunker. And if you're not in that bunker because you're not satisfied with this candidate; more than shame on you...you're on the other side." - Andrew Breitbart, CPAC 2012

No comments: